Volunteering is an important part of service delivery in Australia. Volunteers allow us to get thinks done that our budget doesn't allow for.
In return, volunteers receive many benefits, including:
- gaining experience
- building on skills
- having things to add to your CV
- feeling good about contributing to something important
- being a part of something.
We have several ongoing volunteer opportunities at Wathaurong. These include:
- working on the land at Wurdi Youang
- helping out with public events
- maintaining the Tranquility Garden (women preferred)
- other positions as appropriate.
We also have opportunities for people with specialised skills, so professionals who have the time and inclination are welcome to approach us with ideas. Opportunities may exist for people who are:
- business specialists
- film makers
- academics and researchers
- other professionals as appropriate.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do at Wathaurong, volunteers are subject to an approval process. If working on-site, police checks and Working with Children checks are required.