FRIDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER - Restrictions easing in Regional Victoria
A range of restrictions eased overnight across Regional Victoria from 11:59pm Thursday 9th September. (Greater Melbourne lockdown restrictions remain in place.)
Masks must be worn both indoors and outdoors, whenever you are outside your home.
The KM limit no longer applies and you are free to travel anywhere within Regional Victoria (you cannot travel to metro Melbourne).
Household visits are still not permitted, but you can catch up with family and friends outdoors in groups of up to 10 people.
Restaurants and cafes are open with restrictions on numbers.
Schools will re-open for students in grades prep-2 and Year 12, with all other year levels continuing in remote learning.
We are taking a cautious approach to re-opening our buildings and services to make sure our staff and community members are protected.
The arrangements in place for all Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative from Monday 13th September will be as follows:
· Mackey Street building – CLOSED
· Morgan Street administration building – CLOSED
· Morgan Street Childcare building – CLOSED
· Morgan Street health services building – Health Services are an ESSENTIAL SERVICE and will continue, with telehealth a preferred option but face to face appointments available at the discretion of the GP
· Caracaramigen Gathering Place (Colac) – CLOSED
· Colac Essential Services Clinic – OPEN and running each Monday at Colac Youth Health Hub
· ARC (Cough/cold clinic) – CLOSED – if needing to receive a COVID test, please proceed to Barwon Health North or Kardinia Health
· COVID Vaccinations – OPEN every day at Ford Factory with Wathaurong Health Staff and available on Tuesdays at Colac Otway Performing Arts Centre.
We know that ongoing lockdowns can cause feelings of anxiety and people being overwhelmed, so we encourage you to make sure you are reaching out and checking in to keep your mental health strong as well. If you need to have a yarn, don’t hesitate to call any of the mental health support numbers:
Wathaurong: 5277 0044
Yarning SafenStrong: 1800 959 563 (24/7 service)
Dardi Munwarro’s Brother to Brother: 1800 435 799 (men only 24/7 service)
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 (for kids aged 5-25)
eHeadspace: 1800 650 890 (for kids aged 12-25)
Mental Health Triage: 1300 094 187 (24 hours)