What is Bringing Them Home?
This is a spiritual and emotional wellbeing program that provides a dedicated service to the Stolen Generation, addressing concerns and issues from individuals and families.
This program provides a range of support and wellbeing activities for the Stolen Generation. Examples of support include:
- locating family members
- gaining records
- confirm Aboriginality.
- engage clients in health service activities, mainly:
- Bringing Them Home
- general health promotion
- encouraging men in the community to access cooperative services, not just health
- working in collaboration with other health service programs, including Stay Strong Sista with the Alcohol & Other Drugs program
What to expect
The service includes:
- counselling one-on-one
- weekly sessions at Wilkins Close with a focus on healing and holistic health and wellbeing
- field trips and excursions, including to the Melbourne Museum and the Koorie Heritage Trust