As of 11:59pm Friday 12th February, ALL of the state of Victoria will be returning to Stage 4 lockdown restrictions for 5 days – until 11:59pm Wednesday 17th February.
During this lockdown, there are only 4 reasons to leave home:
- Shopping for essential goods (one person per household, once per day)
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons
- Essential work or permitted education
- Exercise (can leave for two hours of exercise)
It also means that masks become mandatory again everywhere except inside your own home – this means that masks are now required to be worn outside again.
For the full list of restictions during this lockdown, please visit https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-02/210212%20-%20Table%20of%20restrictions.pdf
Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-op provides essential services for our community, and we will continue to provide those services, with the following changes:
- Our administration buildings at Mackey Street and Morgan Street will be CLOSED, and all staff will work from home.
- The Health service at Morgan Street will continue to operate for TELEHEALTH appointments only. If you have an existing in person appointment, staff will contact you to confirm your appointment details or reschedule your appointment if required.
- The Colac Clinic will NOT run this Monday 15th February – telehealth appointments are still available for Colac mob from Monday – Friday.
- The Feed Me Bellarine program will continue and pre-packaged meals and groceries will still be delivered next week on Friday, even if the lockdown continues.
We know that this announcement can leave some people feeling a bit overwhelmed – so we encourage you to make sure you are reaching out and checking in to keep your mental health strong as well. If you need to have a yarn, don’t hesitate to call any of the mental health support numbers:
Wathaurong: 5277 0044
Yarning SafenStrong: 1800 959 563 (24/7 service)
Dardi Munwarro’s Brother to Brother: 1800 435 799 (men only 24/7 service)
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 (for kids aged 5-25)
eHeadspace: 1800 650 890 (for kids aged 12-25)
Mental Health Triage: 1300 094 187 (24 hours)