We would love to hear from you!

Giving Feedback or Making a Complaint to

Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative


Wathaurong is committed to providing safe, high-quality care and services for our clients and community.

Giving us Feedback

Wathaurong welcomes and values all kinds of feedback from clients and community members, including suggestions, questions and ideas. Your feedback will be taken seriously and will assist us in our regular review of the services that we provide.

If you would like to give us feedback, please feel free to speak to a staff member or to complete the Make a Complaint or Give Feedback Form. You can ask a staff member to help you fill out the form.

Making a Complaint

If you are unhappy with Wathaurong, a service you received, or believe your rights have not been respected and you would like to make a complaint to Wathaurong, please speak to a staff member or manager.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, please complete the Make a Complaint or Give Feedback Form. You can ask a staff member to help you fill out the form, or you are welcome to involve an advocate or support person who can assist you.

Once you have finished filling out the Make a Complaint or Give Feedback Form, please put it in one of the suggestion boxes, give it to a staff member or manager, or email it to




Everyone should feel comfortable in raising a concern or a complaint about our service, whilst we ask that you raise your concern or complaint with us in the first instance, we understand sometimes people want the option to take their concerns to an external oversight body.

Wathaurong is always happy to review its decisions, however if we have not been able to resolve your concern or complaint and you want to take your concerns further, the list below provides the contact details for several organisations that you can discuss your concerns with further:

Health Complaints Commissioner

The Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC) resolves complaints about healthcare and the handling of health information in Victoria. It can also investigate providers who pose a serious danger to the public.

For more information or to fill out an online complaint form.

Call 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint.
Visit or write to the HCC at Level 26, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000.

The Health Complaints Commissioner provides a free service.

The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission 

The NDIS Commission can take complaints from anyone about:

  • NDIS services or supports that were not provided in a safe and respectful way
  • NDIS services and supports that were not delivered to an appropriate standard
  • how an NDIS provider has managed a complaint about services or supports provided to an NDIS participant

Call 1800 035 544 or submit a complaint through their website:

My Aged Care

You have the right to provide feedback or make complaints about the information, service, or care you receive from My Aged Care.

To make contact with My Aged care:

Contact us tool

Call 1800 200 422

Department of Health and Human Services

The department responds to feedback about any part of people’s experience with the department and the services it funds.

Telephone: 1300 884 706

Web: Making a complaint .

Victorian Ombudsman

Receives and investigates complaints about decisions and actions made by state and local governments as well as private and non-government organisations which perform a public function.

Telephone: 9613 6222 or regional: 1800 806 314

Web: Victorian Ombudsman

Mental Health Complaints Commissioner

Assists you if your complaint is about a public mental health service in Victoria.

Telephone: 1800 246 054

Web: Mental Health Complaints Commissioner

Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission

Receives complaints about corruption in the Victorian Public Sector or complaints about Police misconduct.


Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner

Promotes fair public access to information while ensuring its proper use and protection.

Telephone: 1300 006 842

Web: Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner

Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner

Assists people who have been discriminated against, sexually harassed, victimised or vilified.

Telephone: 1300 292 153 Web:

Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner

Victims of Crime Commissioner.

Aims to improve services and systems within government departments, victims’ service providers and the justice system to meet the needs of victims of crime, including reviewing complaints about services provided to victims of crime.

Telephone: 1800 819 817

Web: Victims of Crime Commissioner