Whether you already have a NDIS plan or are just beginning your journey with the NDIS, Wathaurong is here to help! Mob with a disability deserve, and are capable of, living full, happy, and healthy lives.
Navigating the NDIS can be complicated, but we’re here to simplify the process, and to provide services that work in with your NDIS plan and your life in general, so you can remain connected and active.
Why choose Wathaurong to provide your NDIS services? Because:
- Our staff work with you to coordinate your services and care
- we provide exceptional service, and
- we are a trusted provider with a long history supporting the Wathaurong community.
At Wathaurong, we understand that when living with a disability, you may need assistance with day-to-day activities. We’re here to support you or a loved one to support daily living with our range of disability supports.
- Support getting ready for the day
- Helping you with household tasks and cleaning
- Personal care, such as showering and toileting
- Travel support to get out and about in Community and meetup with friends & family
Don’t quite know where to begin your NDIS journey? Our Aboriginal Disability Liaison Officer can also assist. They have three roles:
- to link you to the NDIS
- to Link you to information and support in the community, and
- to work with the local community to make sure it is more welcoming and inclusive for people with disability.
For more on this service - ABORIGINAL DISABILITY LIAISON OFFICER - COMMUNITY CONNECTOR
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which is managed and implemented by the National Disability Insurance Agency, supports people with disability to achieve their individual goals and to participate in the community and employment. The NDIS provides funding to eligible participants to access a range of supports aimed at increasing their independence, inclusion, and social and economic participation. Eligible clients are people who currently have or are likely to have a permanent disability, aged up to 64 years.