What is Milla Milla Playgroup?
This is an informal program where parents, carers and their preschool children can come together in a culturally appropriate environment and learn through play.
Who is eligible?
Children aged from birth to 5 years and their parents and carers.
Playgroups give children opportunity to:
- have fun
- make new friends
- develop new skills through informal play.
Playgroups also give parents and carers opportunity to:
- meet other parents and carers
- make friends
- share ideas and experiences
- spend quality time with their children
- encourage, help or simply play with their children.
If transport is a problem, let us know so we can include you and your child in pickups to and from Playgroup.
What to expect
Examples of activities include:
- playtime at the Children's Centre
- a ‘Healthy Eating Program’ for lunches
- a Family Cultural Day at the You Yangs
- National Aboriginal Children’s Day celebrations at Northside Salvation Army
- promoting physical activities for preschool children that are interactive and fun, through the Communities Active in Play (CAP) program with Barwon Youth, Child & Family
- the ‘Tiny Bubbles’ swim program
- hosting the Maternal and Child Health Nurse to conduct key age and stage assessments
- a visit to the Collingwood Children’s Farm for NAIDOC
- Christmas parties at the Waterfront.